Community interaction is extremely important to the GW2Hub team. Heading into the first public beta weekend, we also know that there will be a lot of discussion about the game both during, and after the event. That got us thinking; why not reward the community for sharing their experiences and interacting with their fellow community members?
That’s where the Community Experience Giveaway comes in.
Entering for a chance to win some awesome GW2 swag is easy:
1. Sign up to become a member of GW2Hub if you haven’t already
2. Once registered, logged-in users earn XP on the site simply by interacting with other community members. Your total XP can be tracked in the conveniently located Experience bar found on the sidebar, as shown below.
3. To have your name automatically entered for the giveaway, simply earn at least 50 XP between now and Friday, May 4th at 11:59pm EST.
If you’re not sure where to begin, we’ve included a handy list of places to get started at the end of this post.
On the specified date for the end of the entry period listed above, we’ll compile a list of all active community members who have earned at least 50 XP. From that list, one lucky winner will receive their choice between one of the rare GW2 t-shirts shown below. These shirts were hand printed during PAX Prime 2011 so you won’t be able to find them anywhere else!
Rytlock Design (available in medium or large):
Caithe Design (available in medium or large):
But wait! There’s more!
If at least 1,000 registered users earn a minimum of 50 XP during the giveaway period, we’ll also be giving away an 8x10 GW2 art print, signed by Kekai Kotaki (shown below). How awesome is that?
To help reach the 1,000 user threshold, be sure to tell your friends about the giveaway; it is all about community interaction after all!
If you’re not sure how to get started earning XP on GW2Hub, here is a list of ways you can do so:
- Comment on any article
- Create or post on a thread in our forums
- Ask or answer community questions on our unique GW2 Answers feature
Each community interaction will award you with XP, so the more you participate in the community, the more you will earn. To make things even easier for new community members, here are some additional suggestions to get you started:
- Introduce yourself in the forums
- Is your guild recruiting? Create a thread in our Guild Recruitment forum
- Know of an upcoming GW2 event to be added to our Event Calendar? Tell us the details in the Community Events forum
- Share your beta experiences and impressions in our General Discussion forum
- Tell us about your experiences playing the different professions this weekend in our Profession Discussion forum
- Have a burning question about GW2 that you can’t seem to find the answer for? Ask the community, or you can even browse through questions that haven’t been answered yet to share your knowledge about the game.
One final note before we kick things off: Before our winner is announced next weekend, we will be checking to make sure that users aren’t simply spamming our forums with 2 word posts or that kind of thing. The purpose of the giveaway is to encourage community interaction here, so only valid posts and comments will be considered. Spam posts and comments will be nuked by our resident moderators, so they will not count towards your total XP anyway.
Good luck everyone, and for the new users among you, welcome to the community!