Well this is a nice surprise! Arenanet let spill the high level notes for the upcoming Februrary update to the game, titled Flame and Frost: The Gathering Storm. Like previous month teaser pages, it's short on details, but it does cover what the high points of the patch will include.
- The living story continues to evolve. The forces of good begin to rally to stop the building storms and forces seen in the shiverpeaks
- New sPvP map, Spirit Watch, announced
- Guild Missions confirmed for this patch. Guild missions allow guilds to kick off content together and earn perks and upgrades.
- Two Team Rated play in sPvP is coming as well. Finally PvP teams will be matched against similar strength teams and get to test their skill.
- Improvements to Daily System allows players to choose what daily categories they have to complete for daily credit.
As with previous updates you can expect these notes are just the tip of the iceberg. That said, all the spoiled notes so far seems promising. And if you can get over the lack of WvW updates we learned about earlier today, you'll find a lot here to be happy about.