Here you can find the patch notes for the newest release Entanglement. These will be updated with each patch during the release weeks. Check back at the bottom of the page for any new notes.
The lethal vines that plague Brisban Wildlands have begun to spread. And now there’s trouble in the town of Prosperity, where the asuran prodigy Taimi was left alone to research the threat. As the search begins for the mysterious ley line hub, look out for new threats and learn who’s been watching from atop the mesa above Prospect Valley.
After completing the Entanglement episode, players can showcase their tactical mastery as a hero of Tyria by completing challenging, episode-related achievements.
- Crafting recipes for a new ambrite weapon set can now be found on the tier vendor.
- Players can now raise Favor of the Zephyrites to tier five in Dry Top.
- Be on the lookout for unidentified fossilized insects found in Buried Locked Chests, which are required in the crafting of these new weapons. Someone with a keen interest in entomology should be able to help players identify what is encased within.
BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
- Skritt burglars are no longer affected by Polymorph Moa.
- Updated the Shatterer skill, Crystal Imprisonment, to hit more targets and be unblockable. Increased the health and duration of Crystal Prison. The intent of these changes is to ease access to the Shattered achievement.
- Expanded the Icy Grave application area during the first half of the Claw of Jormag encounter.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Viathan Lake debris from respawning.
- Removed the champion that would spawn at high scaling from the “Break centaur worker morale to prevent bridge repairs” event.
Tar Cleaner Bundle:
- Clean Oil: Fixed a bug that caused pets to attack when this skill was used.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Amber Great Jungle Wurm’s Slick Skin buff to stack past 20 if the event previously failed.
- Players who have bound duplicate legendaries to their account should meet with Historian Dozza in Divinity’s Reach to help in her research and receive a special title.
- The “Join in…” option in the party member contextual menu is no longer displayed on party members playing in a different region.
- Festival Rewards Vendors and Sovereign Weapon Vendors have temporarily returned for players to spend their remaining Festival Tokens and Favors of the Festival. They are stationed at the Grand Plaza in Lion’s Arch and by the Crown Pavilion waypoint in Divinity’s Reach.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Archdiviner from dropping his loot in the final encounter.
Fixed the icon for Spiritwood Pistol Frame.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to spam transform effects by using aboveground transform tonics under water. These tonics can no longer be used under water.
- Rune of the Privateer: Fixed a bug that caused the summoned bird to persist under water.
- Updated the names of many items to be more specific to their weight class or item type.
- Fixed a bug that prevented armorsmiths, leatherworkers, tailors, and jewelers from being able to craft Sheets of Ambrite.
- Healing Seed: Added a number of targets skill fact (10).
- Fiery Greatsword:
Fiery Rush: Fixed a bug that caused the damage from this skill’s final attack to appear in the combat log incorrectly.
Flame Wave: Updated the skill facts to display the correct number of targets (5).
- Lightning Hammer:
Static Field: Added an unblockable skill fact.
- Water Trident: Updated the number of targets skill fact to correctly display 3. Added a number of allied targets skill fact (5).
- Elixir Gun:
Super Elixir: Updated the pulse heal skill fact to be more accurate. Added a number of pulses skill fact.
- Healing Mist: Reduced the number of targets from 6 to 5.
- Med Kit: Fixed a bug that caused the untraited versions of these skills to always display an out-of-range indicator.
- Fragmentation Shot: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to deal more damage when traited with Rifled Barrels.
- Blowtorch: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to be unaffected by the Rifled Barrels trait.
- Glue Shot: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to display an ambiguous description when traited with Rifled Barrels.
- Enhance Performance: Fixed a bug that prevented the might gained by this trait from displaying for Antitoxin Spray.
- Throw Wrench: Fixed a bug that caused this skill to only hit up to 4 enemies.
- Throw Mine:
Mine Field—Detonate: Added a number of targets skill fact (1).
- Coated Bullets: Added a pierces skill fact to affected skills.
- Kit Refinement:
Magnetic Bomb: Updated the number of targets skill fact to correctly display 3.
Tome of Wrath:
- Judgment: Fixed a bug that caused the Combo Finisher pop-up to appear before the combo activated.
- Time Warp: Fixed a bug that prevented the casting animation from playing if the player had a greatsword equipped.
- Polymorph Moa:
Claw: Removed a duplicate number of targets skill fact.
Kick: Removed a duplicate number of targets skill fact.
Peck: Removed a duplicate number of targets skill fact.
Screech: Removed a duplicate number of targets skill fact.
- Signet of the Wild: Removed a duplicate stability skill fact.
Structured Player vs. Player
World vs. World
- Fixed an issue preventing the WvW armorsmith vendors from selling to level 60-69 characters.
- Fixed an issue in which Build Master II caused the incorrect amount of supply to be spent when building burning oil, cannons, and mortars.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- New Ley Line weapon skins have been added to the Black Lion Weapons Specialist for the introductory price of 1 Black Lion Claim Ticket per weapon. Tickets and ticket scraps can be found inside Black Lion Chests.
- A new Mini Chickenado is now available in the Toys category of the Gem Store for 500 gems.
- A new Permanent Ley Line Finisher is now available in the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 800 gems.
- Each race and gender now has three new hairstyles available exclusively from Self-Style Hair Kits and Total Makeover Kits in the Services category of the Gem Store.
- Royal Terrace Passes will no longer drop from Black Lion Chests.
The “Show Only <language>” chat option—used to display only the messages coming from players sharing the text language of the player’s client—has been reset and is now disabled by default.
- When turned on, this option is only applied to the /map and /say channels. Other channels are not affected.
- Messages from players in the Friends list are never hidden.
- Messages from players from the same world are never hidden.
- Messages from players currently in the same party are never hidden.
- Messages from players representing the same guild are never hidden.
- Fixed various server crashes.
- Fixed a bug in which leveling beyond level 80 would cause a heal and knockback in PvP.
- Updated the final reward for Discovering Scarlet’s Breakthrough to correctly include a Deluxe Gear Box.
- Fixed an issue in which players would get stuck inside the Concordia Waypoint when arriving from another map.