In this guide we provide you with all the information you need to complete the Tower of Nightmare achievements.
Tower of Nightmares (Meta Achievement)
- Complete all 14 achievements to complete this reward and earn yourself a Krait Obelisk Shard (for your home instance).
- A relatively easy achievement, simply kill Krait Blood Witches that spawn in one of the 3 event areas (Kessex Hills, Timberline Falls or Caledon Forest). The Blood Witch in Kessex Hills is incredibly popular here.
The Nightmare Unveiled
- Travel to the story instance at Moogooloo Waypoint and interact with the personal story (marked by a star on the map). Mine automatically triggered the first time I entered the zone, at this point you just need to follow the linear story path in the instance. If the event doesn't trigger, speak to Marjory Delaqua on the river bank opposite the Waypoint to teleport to it.
Toxic Alliance Slayer
- You need to kill 100 members of the Toxic Alliance. Generally speaking they appear as normal NPCs (human, sylvari etc) but like any other faction in Guild Wars 2, they can be killed and will appear throughout the events in Kessex Hills, Timberline Falls or Caledon Forest.
Toxic Demolitionist Gardener
- Similarly to most of these achievements, at Marjory Delequa you'll see a variety of events but some in particular have a flower symbol on them (it looks just like the Mario Fire Flower). At these locations a poisonous flower spawns which you and others participating have to kill. To do this, pick-up a bomb on which spawn at the edge of the event and drop it on the plant. Alternatively, let others do it but stay nearby and you'll receive the reward.
Toxic Global Gardener
- Similarly to the above you need to kill these toxic flower offshoots in multiple maps (Kessex Hills, Timberline Falls or Caledon Forest) as opposed to just one.
Toxic Golem Gardener
- On the map a Golem escort event will start (as noted in the image below). Just protect the golem and allow it to reach the toxic offshoot area (while it attacks it). If you successfully lead it to a toxic offshoot area, and you complete the event by destroying said area, you'll complete the achievement. You'll need to repeat this escort 3 times in total.
Toxic Krait Historian
- On the world map there are a multitude of Krait locaitons. At these locations on the sea floor there are Obelisk Shards. First talk to Priory Arcanist Dolja (next to Marjory) to receive the Transcriber and take it to any of the following locations - be sure to look on the sea floor in Krait areas. You need to transcribe 24 Obelisk's to complete the achievement. You can find our full guide here.
- Krait's Larder
- Wrathwave Deeps
- Sipedon Deeps
- Restless Deeps
- Stormwreck Deeps
- Slavers Deeps
Toxic Siege Gardener
- This can be completed alongside your golem escort as well as demolitionist achievement. when they get near to the toxic offshoots the siege equipment (cannons will appear). Here you simply need to participate in 3 [Group event] Defend the Vigil siege engineers as they attack the toxic offshoot.
Toxic Weed Whacker
- Participate in the events around the 3 featured zones and kill the toxic offshoots. Easy.
Toxic Spore Sampler
- At each toxic offshoot you will see an interactable flower. Ensure you've a harvesting sickle equipped and collect 50 of them. To receive the achievement though, you'll need to hand them into Marjory Delaqua.
- After completing this achievement, Marjory will sell you recipes in exchange for more spores and gold.
- Here you have to kill Champion spawns that are infected with the Toxic Corruption buff. It can be difficult to accomplish based on everyone snaring enemies first, but I'd recommend you simply camp the following points of interest in Kessex Hills: Overlord Waypoint, Meadow Waypoint, and Auld Red Wharf POI. The Champion Krait spawn here regularly.
- Fortunately for us, all zones offer this Toxic Corruption buff on enemies.
- Several friends who participated in a Scarlet Invasion confirmed the Aetherblades were infected but I must stress I've yet to try this.