Tyria is in trouble, a new faction called the Aetherblades has arrived and they’re wreaking havoc on the Dragon Bash and Tyria is in desperate need of heroes to face this challenge! That’s why we’ve been graced with ten copies of the game, each including 800 free gems (to try out some of the awesome new steampunk themed gear which you can see on our update overview), to give to potential adventurers to help defend Lion’s Arch and Tyria from not only the Aetherblades, but the Elder Dragons as well!
So grab your adventurer’s sword and shield (or closest pocketwatch) and get ready to enter our steampunk themed contest. The rules are simple. Between now and July 1st, 2013 register for our site and comment below answering one of the following questions (you only have to answer one!):
- What’s your favorite steampunk game and why you love it (ex. Skies of Arcadia, Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, BioShock, or even Dishonored).
- What’s your favorite steampunk movie / TV show / book and why you love it (ex. Golden Compass, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Van Helsing, etc.).
- What’s your favorite Jules Verne novel?
- What’s your favorite part of the Victorian era?
- Why you can’t wait to hop into GW2 and take on the Aetherblades yourself!
When we say steampunk, we’re using the loose translation of the word, so feel free to be creative! Valid entries will be picked at random on July 1st, 2013 to and codes will be distributed via email.
You must register to enter and be over the legal age of entry for your country of residence.
To get things started, my favorite steampunk like game is probably Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. It’s in the same vein as Fallout (similar engine and similar developers) and focuses on the aspect of technology vs. magic. In the game, technology follows physical law while magic bends physical law to get the same result. The two are incompatible and it has one of the most interesting and well thought out game worlds for the era.
So share your comment below for your chance to win your very own copy of Guild Wars 2. We all hop to see you in Tyria soon!
As a reminder, you must be registered in order to enter.