Nocturnal is a mature age gaming guild that has spanned many games over the years. We first formed for the game Dark Age of Camelot and boasted one of the most successful guilds in the game. We gained reputation for our keep defenses and leadership, especially in the US offpeak hours hence the name Nocturnal (meaning: of the night).
We have been a presence in World of Warcraft, Warhammer Online and now Guild Wars 2.
We aren't hard core, but the time we spend in game is usually organized and dedicated to creating experiences that our guild members will remember forever.
Nocturnal is looking for self sufficient and motivated players that don't need to be levelled or given charity. We put in the hard work on our characters and we expect you to as well. Nocturnal isn't a free ride.
To join Nocturnal, you must:
- Be 21 years or older and community focused (i.e. not a self-serving arrogant prick).
- Enjoy both PvE and PvP. We have regular events for both.
- Understand that our main focus for the game is World vs World. Many of our events will be centered around it.
- Your prime playtime must be GMT+10 evenings (7:30pm-11:30pm usually). Our events are planned around this timezone.
- Be self sufficient - we aren't a charity/power levelling guild though we'll do our best to plan events for everyone.
- Voice communication (including microphone) is mandatory through Teamspeak 3.
- Have a great sense of humour, we like to do crazy shit and video it!
[b][u]World vs World[/u][/b]
Nocturnal's main focus will be about World vs World battles, tactics and success. You must also:
- Be willing to contribute cash or blueprints each week for guild events.
- Be a team player, not all tasks in WvW are fighting. Sometimes you'll be asked to do things that don't directly relate to fighting the enemy.
- Understand our goal is to be renowned as great WvW fighters and tacticians.
- Be willing to lose to learn, without nerdraging.
- Undertake resource gathering for the guild while in the WvW zones.
- Understand its expected that you fight with the guild, for the guild and server.
We do expect a high level of guild participation in planned events. The guild will be regularly cleansed of players that don't participate or log in during our event times unless the guild is advised beforehand. If you had an emergency and couldn't contact us for an extended period, by all means you'll get an invite back, just speak with one of the officers upon your return.
Most Importantly: A lot of us have wives/husbands and children, we understand that family will always be first priority.
Nocturnal have officially accepted their position in the Ascension Alliance, an alliance made up of some absolutely fantastic guilds from around the world. This will put us into the top tier for World vs World battles undoubtedly and should certainly expand Nocturnal into the world GW2 stage.
Nocturnal is currently closed for recruitment to all but RL friends and family members of current guildies.
You may still submit applications but none will be accepted for the time being.
Please feel free to roll on our server and apply in a few weeks after launch as things may change, but until then we need to take stock of the members we have and make sure they're well looked after and enjoying the game
If you have any enquiries do not hesitate to PM myself on here or contact either myself, Trikki or Pinkus over at the website listed up the top of this post.